Miss NAIA Princess 2018-2019
Choctaw, Mississippi Band
Princess & Jr Princess Rules & Regulations
Miss NAIA Princess:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17-25 years of age.
Junior NAIA Princess:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 12-16 years of age.
ALL Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must possess knowledge of her Native American cultural heritage.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old and in high school or have graduated from an accredited high school, or have a GED certificate from an accredited institution. If attending a junior college, college or university, applicants must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Must represent NAIA at public events at least 3 times. Applicant must be willing and available to represent the NAIA at special events to improve public relations between Indians and the non-Indian community.
- Must attend at least 1 other Indian pow-wow or cultural event outside Tennessee representing NAIA.
- Applicant must provide her own Indian tribal dress for demonstration.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a dance participant at the NAIA Annual Pow-wow as a goodwill ambassador.
- Applicants must be single, not cohabiting before the selection or after, and have no dependents.
Applicants must be of good moral character.
- Applicants must be at least 1/8 degree Indian blood from a federally- or state-recognized tribe.
Applicants must be able to provide documentation when requested.
- Applicants must be willing to attend NAIA Board meetings.
- Applicants must be a Tennessee resident, as determined by the Board.
- Deadline: Nominations must be received by September 1 at 12:00 noon.
- Winners will be announced at the NAIA Annual Indian Education Pow-wow and Fall Festival.
amended & updated 9 sep 2017